Friday, May 11, 2012

All That Glitters


I learned today the Korean jewelery shop has been operating in the K-Mart shopping plaza for 35 years. I've been taking watches for new batteries, bracelets for new clasps, necklaces to be shortened for 32 of those years. I've never made a valuable purchase of anything. But the service I receive always is solid gold. With a smile.

As I waited for my watch battery today, a lady came in, pulled out two string of pearls and said, " you will think this is something I bought at a dime store but it isn't. It's old and I may have worn it on my wedding day and want to keep it. But its too small. I must have been awfully skinny.Can we extend them somehow....?"

I was struck by two things.
 She knew exactly if she wore it on her wedding day or not.
 And we are all so shamed by our grubby little possessions when placed on a black velvet pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment