Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pass the fans

The other day I heard that one of our high schools in the DC area was closed for the day because the air conditioning wasn't working properly. And I had to smile.

If that were the yardstick, my entire education experience would have had to be canceled!!

Not from the hot buzz of May days in a two-roomed schoolhouse to the swelter of June in college classrooms did we have air-conditioning. And, surprisingly, we lived to tell about it.

What has happened to us?

I am among the first at the library to mention that the a/c doesn't seem to be functioning well and prompt the call to the HVAC crew. I hate being uncomfortably hot now.

But when I stop to take a cleansing breath, I have to realize that while I don't want to go back, I would like to think that I'm not as pampered as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment