Monday, November 23, 2015

giving thanks

It's good we have the official holiday of Thanksgiving at least once a year because aside from the gluttony aspect, the media turns to the subject of family and gratitude - however fleeting! I heard a little essay on gratitude this morning that said scientists discovered that gratitude is actually a component in health. Duh!

Who has never stopped to contemplate that if I don't feel like a powder keg ready to detonate that my body functions better?! Really, we needed scientists?

And as for family - if this is the ONE time that people turn homeward that is indeed sad, but apparently that is the case for many people. Why should we need a calendar to tend to the most primal needs of the heart?

I know for many people it is a chore to be with family, so I guess that's why each morning upon awakening as I look at a collage of my family hanging on the wall beside my bed, my day begins with a smile of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment