Wednesday, March 13, 2019

living codes

This college admissions scandal has take away my breath.

While repugnant, I somewhat understand students cheating on tests, etc., because they are still young and especially susceptible to pressures from the world at large. But from these accounts the parents are the instigators! This is so utterly disheartening - is the whole world going mad?!

If a parent stoops to this type of tactic at the college-admissions level, think how generally murky the moral code must be in that household! 

And once again, the words of my mother come floating back to me on the heels of some perceived personal wrong - "and what had you done?" There was always that nudge of accountability.

What percentage of the world is trying to see what he/she can get away with?

Maybe I really don't want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment