Tuesday, June 18, 2019

upon this rock

In another conversation with a group of women at lunch the other day, a friend said, :"I was always envious of big families who seemed to like each other. We hated each other."

I was stunned - both by her meaning and her honesty.

And I wanted to wrap each of my siblings close. We are all different, certainly. Our lives have taken many paths. We don't get together as a group that frequently. But it takes my breath away to think of the bond we have being broken. I take for granted the large, lovely, enveloping blanket of our love for each other and can't imagine life without it.

Those of us who were given strong foundations to build our lives upon should never for a second take our eyes off that priceless gift.

 And equally should be filled with admiration for those who did their own building from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment