Monday, June 23, 2014

out, damned spot

On NPR I heard a quote from the book The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet:

 "Adults were pack-rats of old useless emotions."

How true!

 As I weed through my closet and discard that dress that I will never be thin enough to wear comfortably again, the sweater with a missing button, the skirt that really doesn't "go with" anything else, the blazer that has shoulder-pads, the jeans that are too short or too long or too snug, the blouse with the shadow of a stain ---- along with all these items that I might, just might, want to wear one day should go:

the slight from a friend ages ago

the failed resolution

the embarrassing faux pas

the consternation of  unwise decisions

the fears of what might be

the sawing anxiety of should-have-dones

.....etc, etc. 

Toss!

Vacuum the whole area!

Clean spaces make breathing so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment