Monday, February 16, 2015

save the date

Isn't it funny how the powers that be can just take a famous person's birthday and say - never mind that your birthday is on February 22, it's more convenient for me to celebrate it on - say like the third Monday of February, whatever the date might be! Like the ultimate snub more than a celebration!

Ever notice how the more highly evolved we become the more we streamline everything to one unrecognizable blob of commonality?! We do everything for the maximum efficiency and how much money we can save or make!

Washington was born on February 22. The holiday apparently was celebrated since 1879 when it became official. Not until the enlightenment of 1971 was it merged into another day, shared with Lincoln, on neither one's actual birthday! I hear the justification was a four-day weekend for workers, and a uniform time for merchants. Well by all means!!

Seriously, we are a crazy bunch. I for one will raise a glass on the 22nd for good old George. As for Abe, due to my inattention, I already missed his. Better luck next year, when I will mark my own calendar with real events!

No comments:

Post a Comment