Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Maestro!

I made a surprising discovery! Lets hear it for discoveries whenever, wherever they happen and however large or small they may be.

Due to excessive (!) technology in our house, the main rooms have TVs in them and often they are on in the background at some cable channel. And while I'm scarcely ever giving them my full attention as I work, read the paper, play games on-line, there is a background narrative gnawing away at my serenity - at least ever since November 2016! I find 99% of the news and commentary distressing, even subconsciously.

Lately I have been switching the TV off and listening to our classical FM music station. And, slowly, I realized that bit by bit the crystallized beauty of the ages is not only soothing me, but is adding thoughts, memories, ideals, dreams - building blocks to better spaces. I have been astonished at the difference! Instead of having strands of anger, depression, horror woven through the background of my mind, the music of the masters is layering hope.

This music has abided. So shall we, despite everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment