Monday, July 17, 2017

rinse and repeat

This morning on NPR I heard this intriguing segment on Japanese "forest bathing" - I can just feel the eye rolls! But the concept was that as a people our evolution was supported, urged along, "bathed" by nature and now we are indoors most of the time, tethered to devices and we need to reverse the trend. Irrefutable.

So this morning as I walked my senses were ratcheted to the highest point... and I suddenly saw that these pre-breakfast walks are like weaving a basket to carry my day. The strands are made of robins, bleeding-hearts, chipmunks, blue skies, ferns, steamy soil, bee-balm, pine trees, the lake catching first light, Canadian geese morning ablutions, crows gossiping, breezes in the oaks, black-eyed Susan's, purple petunias, ants, bees, the occasional fox or deer, but arching over all the early coolness. 

My basket will carry the day. 

And I am bathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment