Monday, April 20, 2020

do you like butter?

Remember how we as children used to hold buttercups under our chins to see if "we like butter"? To me, the buttercup always transports me back to halcyon summer days when the Good girls and I were lazing on the grass, idling, talking, pulling out stems of grass to blow pressed between two thumbs and checking for "butter likers"! (Who doesn't like butter??? I have yet to meet anyone and I'm running out of time!)

Turns out scientists have been intrigued by the buttercup for centuries, studying it's unique reflective qualities that provide powerful attraction for pollinators and providing reams of data! 

Still to me, little girls in ruffled summer dresses, with skinned knees and slouchy socks and sandals, contemplating culinary likes and dislikes seem more akin to buttercups than the scientific world!

No comments:

Post a Comment