Saturday, October 11, 2014

when the sun shines

Seriously, does it make a difference?

Today has been damp, chilly, wet, gray, heavy, bleak, uncomfortable.

Friends of my son got married on this day. For weeks we've had high blue skies, sunshine fairly bouncing off each surface, shadows dancing in the light, breezes blowing - heavenly. I mourned all day for them!

Today I want to retreat to my easy chair, drape my shoulders with a shawl and read until I fall asleep.Yesterday I wanted to walk around the lake twice.

I'm really rather horrified that my activities are so dictated by the weather. Now if I had been scheduled to work both days, I would only have been marginally affected. But having to marshal the two days on my own, I cavort in the brightness and completely capitulate under the weight of the gray.

Wow.

Gotta move to Florida. Yep old-timer, pack yer bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment