Friday, August 12, 2016

Get out and enjoy!

Last evening, at 7, the temperature was still around 90 but I hadn't walked my daily circuit of the lake and gathered up my courage to do so. Imagine my surprise when I reached the Lake Anne plaza and there were lots and lots of people out, eating at the restaurants, playing in the fountain, setting up for a concert, boats coming in to dock, kids on paddle boards, students reading near the spray of the big fountain - mothers, fathers, kids, dogs, America! I suddenly felt as though I had been cheating myself on all these hot, hot days, not to venture out and just get acclimated to the temps, rather than hiding in air-conditioned climes!

I vow not to let the rest of summer get away simply waiting for ideal temps. In all likelihood summer is a state of mind rather than temperature!

No comments:

Post a Comment