Monday, September 24, 2018

by their fruits

I cannot tell you how sick the phrase "boys will be boys" is beginning to make me. In an earlier time, I think I found it mildly annoying, thinking it was asinine from the start. Hopefully one rears their children to be kind people, regardless of gender. The above expression increasingly just seems like a catch-all disclaimer for men's bad behavior.

I was reared in a loving family where the acts we have been hearing of all week, nay all year, are so foreign to my brothers as to make them a completely different species! One doesn't just become a predator without encouragement of some kind - whether by example, tacit consent or overt denial. Sexual misconduct doesn't just fall off a tree - apple or not!!

I am horrified at the statistics coming out now about the number of assaults and the number of complete cover-ups because, well, you know, "boys will be boys."

How is this abasement going to be fixed?

I have no ready answers.

But this I know, if you say you are a Christian, and you are not even willing to explore the current national situation and determine the truth because you are willing to sacrifice every other moral principle to get a person on the Court who will reverse Roe v. Wade, contempt is far too polite to describe what I feel for you.

Talk about sanctity of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment