Thursday, July 3, 2014

last laugh

You know the days when you take to work a special kind of dessert (i.e., biscotti from Costco that are drizzled with chocolate, caramel and sea salt) in a little plastic bag that you intend to last a week – or perhaps just two days – and the sun doesn’t set on those suckers? Yep, that’s today.


What is it about those good intentions? They seem to have the staying power of mist. I step on the scales in the morning and say, “okay, today be mindful of everything you put into your mouth.” And truly, I am mindful – which ratchets up the guilt of indulgence exponentially! Those five pounds, that just seem to dance on and off my body at will, taunt me
 

Why is the last of a lot of things the stickler? I had a member of my book club, who had broken her ankle over winter, tell me that she met a “last step” support group! They were all injury-blessed people who had missed that last step on a staircase! Now going down any flight I look and look again, because I know how that last step gets taken for granted – you made it, crash!
 
I guess that's the key. Be mindful to the very end of everything! Don't just start the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment