Friday, January 2, 2015

January 1

New year.

How inviting, daunting, inspiring, challenging, scary, exciting....... on and on.

It seems so limitless. White pages, no writing. A pie uncut. Play ball!

Though I never was ambitious, I think as I grow older, I view a new year with a prayer for health and harmony most of all. That doesn't seem like a lot to ask for, but it's the world.

Health is #1, because if you don't have it, every other aspect of your life is jeopardized.

And harmony is #1-A because if you don't have harmony with  the world, your work, your community, your neighborhood, your household, your soul - again, everything is up for grabs. You are atilt.

So we do what we can with the health thing. Still, despite all our efforts, stuff happens.

And we do what we can about the harmony thing. Still, again, we are disquieted.

My advice: eat your broccoli and meditate - a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment