Tuesday, April 10, 2018

When words fail



This morning after a leisurely spell with eggs, coffee and newspaper, and morning TV news chatter, I silenced everything and turned to Vivaldi to wash away the debris of the news. And as the rills of violins sang through the morning sunlight, I thought of how his Spring has quickened my heart for at least six decades - through houses in Hinkletown, Harrisonburg, Carmanville, Oberlin, Saranac Lake, Lawrence, Sioux Falls and Reston. My life was completely different in each setting, yet his lithe music always made my heart dance.

Who would have thought Plato felt the same?...."Music is a moral law, It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."

Amen, brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment