Tuesday, April 24, 2018

when a young man's fancy lightly turns

Yesterday I traveled home to Lancaster County via the Catoctin Mountains, through Maryland until the PA sign, "Welcome to Pennsylvania, Pursue your happiness"...and pursue it I did!

The day was dazzling. I know we have Bartlett Pear trees here, but in that stretch of country there are myriads of pear trees - like a string of pearls from VA to PA, like a bevy of brides gracing the highways. Add to that the fine tracery of pink, red, and apple green that was scarcely more than a breath along the highway and you have a ride that just broke your heart with promise.

And all through the day wherever my sister and I wandered over the back roads of the county, spring was pushing through in colors and textures of delight.

May I never live in a place that doesn't have the four seasons - particularly springtime. It makes the snow and ice worthwhile. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment