Saturday, October 20, 2018

At the Market

I was concentrating on buying apples, tomatoes and humus. Then the lady called to me from another stand at the Farmers Market. Seeing there clearly was no produce, I groaned inwardly thinking politics. But then she said, "I'm from the library."

Magic!!

"So am I, " I said.

The link. We chatted for the next ten minutes. I learned she was new to FCPL as opposed to my recent 35 years, but that she was started at the same library, in the same position as I had all those years ago. And, she was from Reading, PA! What are the chances two ladies from Reading and Lancaster would end up in the same position in Reston VA and meet at a Farmers Market many years later?

 Whatever they are, the chance encounter lit up the gray morning with a lovely light, small-world tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment