Saturday, March 20, 2021

March 20

 First day of spring.

Did four little words ever bear such excitement? I know we are always glad, but this year the possibilities seem majestic.

Might we really be on the brink of new life after a year of tiptoeing around death?

I know we are far from free of the pandemic, but even the door to hope being ajar is almost overwhelming.

I don't know what the weeks will bring but for now I take enormous joy in ...

-the titmouse singing for a mate all day long

-white, yellow, purple, lavender, blue crocus shining up between the dead leaves

-forsythia beginning to golden

-flickers drumming on our chimney

-daylight lingering

-bluebirds cleaning house

-daffodils shooting up overnight and dancing in the sunlight

All these, I embrace with gratitude and hope with their coming, freer footsteps will follow.

Ah, Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment