Saturday, March 13, 2021

 Three years into retirement, I suddenly received a note from a member of my library book club that I led for 18 years. She thanked me for guiding her reading back to the classics which she had read early in her life - as seemingly we all do - and retained very little having no life experiences to hang the literary value upon. She laughingly said the group's experience has made her impatient with lesser writing!

It was good to hear.

Retirement is like a still, reflecting pool of your own thoughts. While working, one gets constant feedback - good and bad - that help shape your thoughts. Apart from the bustle, sometimes it's hard to remember the relevance of your life's work.

I love life's little rainbows.

And now have a few notes to write of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment