Sunday, January 10, 2016

gridiron gridlock

Yes it's football madness time again!

Watching that game last night until nearly midnight I really questioned more than ever exactly what this game is all about, because that one was u-g-l-y!

But unquestionably, exciting.

Yet I'm getting to the place (did it actually take me this long) that I just can't enter into the violence anymore. The sheer body toll is staggering. And the machismo runs as freely as the beer! There is so much beauty in the plays, the strategies, the execution - but now that is all getting blurred by the violence - both on the field and in the stands. Cheering when an injured opponent is trucked off the field should have gone out of style in the Roman arenas! Are we regressing in terms of civility on every front?

I know it's only January, but I'm already longing for the long cool draught of diamond magic that our boys of summer always deliver - and usually with a whole lot less mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment