Monday, April 18, 2016

feathered friends

I am always amazed when I compare the "Judy, Judy, Judy" song of the tufted titmouse to the actual body of the bird! It is such a teeny little creature, but it just belts out it's reverberating song through the entire woods. Talk about a PA system! What are we mortals missing? If we all had vocal cords like that we could do away with things like "Match.Com"!

And my other avian observation of the morning - a large crow kept landing across the street and pecking, very skittishly, at a filled white garbage bag waiting for pickup at the curb. I had never seen that before and I always thought that birds' sense of smell wasn't highly developed. Even vultures I thought relied heavily on sightings. And whatever was inside the garbage bag was all wrapped up tightly. Was there advanced avian word out that the Japanese neighbors had exotic leftovers?!

Other than that, I'm just kicked-back lolling in this spring-shot morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment