Saturday, April 9, 2016

the dilemma of Mr. Clean

I just checked in my mother's diaries to see what she was doing on this day in 1954 and 1958 and each day she was doing spring housecleaning. Just like clockwork her household rhythms ticked along across the years.

I have never done spring housecleaning.

I hope that confession doesn't cause any seismic changes in the universe.

It's a concept that I applaud heartily but I think at first I was working full-time, then was having children full-time, then working again full-time and now working half-time and completely sold on the concept of leisure time whenever possible!

And while I would love to once more experience the delight of a room completely aired and washed, dusted, polished, shined from stem to stern if I have to make that delight happen, it's going to remain just a concept.

I will do the day to day order, but beyond that life is too short to be tied to a mop!

No comments:

Post a Comment