Friday, April 8, 2016

salvation of bleach

My mother must have commented to me sometime - perhaps many times - that a dingy dishcloth was the sign of a "careless" housekeeper! You know the drill, a cloth that normally has white squares eventually turns a uniform gray must be Cloroxed to retain its genteel status - not to mention that of the housekeeper!

That maxim hounds me! Often I used disposal cloths, but when ever I rotate back to actual cloths, eventually I'm pressed into Clorox action! And today I was just wondering to myself why that was such a big deal to my mother? She was far from an obsessive cleaner - though she certainly keep a tidy house it was rarely "clean down to the shine" as I knew some of our relatives homes were. She didn't clean her keyholes with Q-Tips, for instance! But gray dishcloths met with her full disdain! Perhaps it was a Grandma Weaver dictum passed down from her mother and so on. I wonder if gray dishcloths were an issue on the Mayflower?

I guess we all have our quirky standards of muster. What I tolerate easily would appall other and vice versa. And somehow we all survive!

Ain't life grand?!

No comments:

Post a Comment