Saturday, January 14, 2017

calm before

I guess the end of the Obama years is another example of you don't really value what you have until it's gone.

I would be quick to acknowledge that I didn't always agree with all that we did during his terms, but oh the feast of civility, humor and intelligence that we enjoyed daily! Every exit speech, interview, interaction of the first family is breaking my heart with its poignancy. We have had front-row seats to the first Afro-American family in the White House and what a diorama of dignity and grace, The contrast of values with the incoming occupants couldn't be starker.

I have friends, colleagues, patrons who are almost beside themselves with anxiety. Somehow we have to find quiet spaces to weather the storms ahead. God, and I truly mean God, help us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment