Sunday, January 8, 2017

Out of the fray

Wow.

I just read my last post. I think I knew that night that Trump would win and yet, two months later I am not resigned. I simply cannot believe that this nation will actually install in the presidency a man of this caliber, lacking any consistent moral core. I am still incredulous. I am still numb. I am still horrified. There have been other presidents with whom I disagreed, but none who I thought were dishonorable. Trump dishonors himself and the country approximately every 15 minutes! I have determined that my sanity will be best achieved by tuning out of the political clamor and finding diversions of sanctuary. I am so glad that I am as old as I am because I think the changes he will bring throw a very wide, long, dark shadow on anyone who believes in social justice for years to come.

I hope there are fighters out there, because I am in retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment