Saturday, June 30, 2018

1950 hits

This morning I linked up to Spotify and the 50's as I was doing my morning crossword puzzle. It took me forever to complete because I had to get up and dance every second song! Those wonderful, catchy-tune/ridiculous-lyric songs!! As each new one popped up I could feel myself being transported back to the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen of our Hinkletown home!

Saturday morning's Your Hit Parade really messed up my cleaning procedures which were sketchy at best and very distractible. Mother's instructions were to dust and sweep the living room and I recall a very superficial interpretation! But the music soared and sweetened the chore. Love yearned for, achieved, lost, mourned, warned against, and sought all over again!

And the living room never really did get cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment