Thursday, June 14, 2018

feet

I came upon this quote - clearly in my handwriting on a random scrap of paper - " You are the place I stand when my feet are sore."

Love it. Have zero recollection of where it comes from. Have zero recollection of writing it! But never mind, I have lived a few years.

Back to the quote - if someone said it to me I doubt I could feel more honored. Balm for sore feet. Bliss.

 I once had a friend who would pay his kids 50 cents for a half- hour foot massage!

I love pedicures for all kinds of reasons, but that warm, currented soak before anything begins is the portal to heaven. Yes you can soak your own feet and rub them but that somehow is not the same. You want that external pampering.

Now, feet washing as a kid in summer was a nightly affair as daily showers or baths were unheard of in our house with limited water. And never mind the spa waters or the gentle gelled massages. A basin or bucket of water was plopped down somewhere and said, dirty feet were inserted. Feet that had clambered over fields, stream, driveways, grasses, barns, oiled floors and gathered all the dust of the centuries were summarily dunked and cleansed. Or at least the first coat of grime fell away! With a houseful of children, you didn't linger for the spa treatment!

Feet. So much depends on their happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment