Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Break!

Yesterday was the first visit to the pool for the summer - for me. It struck me how that I have been using Reston pools for 38 years and while the externals change, updates in pool furniture, personnel, accessories, some things never change!

First, the inanity for the ice-cream truck's tinny song that cranks on forever and ever, The Entertainer's endless monotonous calliope tinkle, luring in the kids as surely as moths to a flame. The there is the lifeguard's incessant whistle for swim lane invasion, hanging on the ropes, "NO RUNNING" orders, and the perpetual game of Marco Polo that manages at some point to push you into the teeth-grinding mode.

All distractions.

But other than that - the first time my hot, flushed body ducks under the water, swimming across the bottom through the aqua, sunlit water, and surfaces with a sigh, I know I'm home. 

Summer and Reston  pool-time. Such a far cry from the Conestoga Creek!

No comments:

Post a Comment