Sunday, December 1, 2019

passing days

It was dripping when I started my walk this afternoon, but as if the rain gods kept tightening the faucet as I went along, the rain lessened and finally my umbrella came down for good. When I came through the door after four miles, my cheeks felt rosy cold - the first feel of winter! The rest of me was all bundled away, but the cheeks are the yardstick! And why shouldn't they feel cool - it's December!

And December is another mystery! HOW could it be December? I'm really trying hard to relax against the flood of time, but I do truly find how it slips through my fingers like water. disconcerting. I just look around, and it's gone!

The final glory tonight was a Face Book entry that pointed out we will be starting another DECADE in a few weeks! Now, that really got my attention! This is truly wild horses pounding across the plains! 

Nevertheless instead of bracing my feet against the floorboards, I will try to welcome each new day and not be calculating their accumulative heft! Early New Year resolution!

And everyone knows how well those things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment