Monday, December 16, 2019

witnessing

One rare occasion in this rainy/icy/snowy/miserable pre-Christmas season we seem to be having, my husband and I found ourselves together at a mall - that place of all places we both avoid like the plague. We did our purchasing quickly and then indulged in the essence of the mall aroma - a Cinnabon! It was the second taste of my life and because I grew up on much better sticky or cinnamon rolls, this roll wasn't euphoric, but it certainly was sweet and caloric! As we were sharing one, my husband looked at a nearby table and whispered to me "Check out that guy - he's eating an apple!" And sure enough, there he was, munching determinedly on a crisp green apple! As funny as that was, my husband's comment topped it. In sotto voce he murmured, "He's witnessing!"

In my childhood days we were taught to "witness" by living exemplary lives - as largely pertains to the Gospel, but I simply loved the impertinence of this forthright man crunching his apple in the midst of a host of slackers indulging in a heap of sugar and cinnamon! That's surely how the world will right itself!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment