Monday, February 22, 2021

back on the trail

 I had heard there may be side effects to the second Covid inoculation, but since the first went without a hitch I didn't think too much about it.

But then, ten hours after the prick, it all descended - like guests to a party! Miss Low-grade Fever, Auntie Aches, Cousin Chills, Mr. Headache, and Father Fog!

To those who had/have the real Covid, my sincerest condolences. My malaise lasted about 48 hours all told. A mere sneeze, in the scheme of things.

But, still, to a person of gratefully good health, it was a reminder of what a supreme gift it is to awake in the morning, step out into a day of maximum ability to do exactly what you need to because that body that carries you around is functioning normally. Extraordinary design, really.

So back to walking my four miles. Wonder how the squirrels survived without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment