Thursday, November 30, 2017

assets

I write quotations on the white board of the staff entrance at the library and yesterday I wrote "My friends are my estate" - Emily Dickinson.

I smile at that sentiment every time I think of it.

Because, in truth,all other assets pale in the strong light of friendship. And there are myriads of kinds. I have childhood friends, (whom I may seldom see), college friends, current friends, family friends, in my case patron friends - brick by brick they all add dimension to my life. And when I move on to the next level of existence, if my friends would remember the good times we shared, that would exceed any measure of earthly gain.

Friends. They are the yeast, the answers, the questions, the frustrations, the joys, the laughter - the rainbows that make any storm worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment