Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Since I am not cooking the turkey this year, I was free to walk on this glorious afternoon. The crisp temps and sunny blue skies made the day itself a gift. I stopped at the far end of the lake and basked in the brilliance for a bit, ticking off my blessings mentally. It went on for quite a while! Rising high on the list was health. And I wondered if that were taken away, would my inner peace dissolve as well? Is health the kingpin? I hope not, but I see/read/hear so many stories of destroyed wellness where folks just rise above it all with shining, if weathered faces. That is the true Thanksgiving - when you find the rainbow despite the storm. I pray I don't have to put my gratitude to test! But meanwhile, I so fervently give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment