Tuesday, November 28, 2017

towering above

I was listening to an account of a young man who was studying to be a doctor. It was in the middle of the night when I awoke and happened on to the show,  missing the context. All I know was that he was homeless and often rode the bus all night just to stay warm. Or slept in a fellow student's van. Or, whatever. All the while he kept going to classes and his vision stayed strong.

I spent the next long time trying to think what I would be without a home. What? I can almost guarantee I wouldn't be studying for a rigorous degree of some kind. I don't have that kind of ambition despite being cosseted by advantage.

Not having the simplest nest to go to at night and arise from in the morning is inconceivable. I need a staying point - I think everyone does. The difference is his is within his flesh and bones rather than brick and mortar.

Talk about superheroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment