Sunday, November 19, 2017

sneak peek at the feast

Since I knew I wasn't going to be cooking the Thanksgiving meal this year as we are invited to the neighbors' house for said feast, I blitzed the holiday last evening. For the first time ever I bought a package of three turkey legs to roast! I put a bed of chopped veggies, garlic, broth and butter and baked and basted those beauties to browned perfection in very little time. I added two of my favorite sides, mashed rutabagas and keckling - a nutty, soy bean dish from my childhood. And of course, cranberry sauce.

I was in heaven - and it took so little luggage to get there! The aromas swept through the house and my soul, delighting me with each intake of breath.

What a secret to discover in my advancing years! I think I will have to stock the freezer with this easy access to turkey nirvana! All the joys and minimal sweaty brows, greasy pans, carving, thermometer anxiety, and leftovers beyond the scope of two adults - one of whom doesn't care for turkey in any form!

Life can be so simple if pursued properly!

No comments:

Post a Comment