Saturday, February 2, 2019

on the run

I was reminded, rather dramatically yesterday that I am no longer a youth!!

I was out walking - certainly not attempting my usual four miles, but I did want to get both some exercise and fresh air - as well as enjoy the beauty of the falling snow scenes. But I was judiciously careful of every step as the new snow masked the earlier ice. To say I was largely creeping would accurately describe my progress. I had a lovely time though.

However, later in the afternoon, I was sitting at the kitchen table reading and just happened to look out the window and saw two school-age boys chasing each other - weaving in and out between cars, on the sidewalks, on the street, running at top speed!! I simply stared.

When did I get this old????

No comments:

Post a Comment