Wednesday, February 20, 2019

snow day

First snow of the season that I was able to walk in! I was lingering over my breakfast when I suddenly remembered the forecasters had said it was going to change to sleet and I sprang into action!! It was truly glorious! Every branch, twig, leaves bore its load of white! Patterns jumped out at me on every side - it was like everything had come alive in another dimension. 

And the cathedral silence sank deep within me.

I came to a lovely untrampled white stretch and was truly tempted into snow angelhood, but the thought of wet clothes stopped me! I suddenly realized that most of the time in days gone by when I practiced the art I was wearing a snowsuit or snow pants of some sort - and longed to be transported into that freedom of expression - properly clad!

But still I tramped on, swallowing wintery air and silence.

So to all, whether you watch from behind a heated window, or move noiselessly through the drifted ridges of white outside, enjoy this day's offering of transformative stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment