Wednesday, January 9, 2019

weather wave

Last night about the time the President was on the air, and I was deep into a TCM offering in complete avoidance of our current unbearable politics, Nature offered a declaration of its own. Above the seclusion of my headphones I heard a roar. First I thought, plane, and as it continued I realized it was wind and rushed down to the front door to watch. In the darkness, my street bent to the wind and then the pound of rain, making all other thoughts halt! The fury of it for a few minutes stopped my breath. I saw two neighbors, late dog-walking, scrambling for home, completely soaked. I watched until it eased.

Back to my chair, and the escape of theater I realized again how utterly defenseless we are against natural forces. We think we have such control until we catch a glimpse of how fragile our grip really is. 

We can prepare for and clean up after, but the storms will come and go despite our best efforts. I guess it makes sense to relax and ride the wave. Once I was on a raft, fairly far out in the ocean and caught a big wave just right and sailed all the way to the beach and to the foot of the lifeguard's stand!

Best possible Life outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment